Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lentils Baby!

Mmm, I have made a discovery ... using dried beans!!! It's so easy. As long as you time I know what you want to make at least eight hours ahead of time, usually a day before then you can use these. They retain their nutritional value and taste fresher and yummier. Most often the vitamins and minerals go down the drain with the brine that beans are canned with. So avoid the cans if at all possible and go out and buy your dried beans!

A great way to make a kitchen look pretty and store your dried beans is to get clear jars with airtight lids and store them on the countertop, if space permits. This is a pretty way to display them and keeps them at hand.

Recently I made my awesome enchiladas with lentils instead of black beans. Lentils have lots of protein and taste very chickeny. It was the first time I played with lentils and was surprised at their taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment