Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cornbread Stuffing

This is a holiday invention of my own making and my first signature holiday dish that I alone make. I am very proud of it and it is very very delicious. This isn't your bagged stuffing at all. You can cook this in a toaster oven even. We have one small oven and were pressed for space with our over-sized turkey cooking. Here it goes, I hope you enjoy my new holiday favorite!



Get some....
1/2 box of stock
1 package of yellow cornbread mix
3 cloves garlic
1/4 onion
2 stems of sage
S&P

You're gonna need some aluminum foil by the way. Chop all of the garlic and onions. Follow the mix instructions on preparing the cornbread. Add the garlic, onions, sage and S&P to the wet mix. Bake that following the instructions. When it's fully cooked take a fork and mutilate it. Get it into fairly small pieces and add two cups of stock. Let it sit and it will soak it all up. Transfer the mush onto a large piece of aluminum foil. Form it into a square, loaf-ish shape and wrap the aluminum tightly around it. Make sure it's secure and that the opening is at the top, duh. Bake that at 450 degrees for about fifteen minutes or until it is firm to the touch. It should feel like a slightly crumblier loaf of bread.

I just love this stuffing. I never liked stuffing until I did it myself. I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment