Friday, September 18, 2009

Hello, my name is...

...Lauren!

I guess I'll start off by explaining my blog. I am a recently turned pescatarian. I decided to make the switch when I realized I really didn't like meat all that much to begin with. Meat tends to make me feel heavy and bloated, so I just decided to get rid of it! I've been a pescatarian for around four weeks now and have not looked back since.

For clarification I suppose I should define what a pescatarian is. The dictionary definition is "one whose diet includes fish but no meat", although I have my own take on the lifestyle. I do not drink milk but will cook with it sometimes. I also do not eat refined sugars or deep fried foods.

In this blog, my own eating habits greatly affect the way I cook. Because of this I believe that a recipe is a guideline and does not have to be followed strictly. Recipes should always be altered to match the tastes of the one cooking it.

I hope you enjoy all of my recipes. I gladly welcome constructive criticism, and remember the recipes I post are the way I like them, you make them the way you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment