Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Potential of Frozen Pizza

So this isn't exactly a recipe. This is an easy shortcut for making a meal. Amy's and Central Market frozen pizzas are my favorite especially the one's with spinach on top. There are lots of ways you can make an interesting, fast and healthy pizza that you don't have to feel guilty about. here are some things I put on my frozen pizzas.

 I add spices, veggies and extra cheese to nearly all of my pizzas. Here is a breakdown of some things I use

Spices
  • Pepper- this adds just a little extra layer of flavor, not overwhelmingly spicy
  • Oregano- adds an earthy flavor that pairs beatifully with pizza sauce
  • Basil- a classic pizza topping, sweet flavor
  • Garlic powder- the power of garlic in a powder form!!!
Vegetables
  • Frozen spinach- you can find in the frozen aisle, sprinkle on top and bake
  • Fresh bell pepper- adds a wonderful fresh layer of flavor
  • Black olives canned
  • Artichoke hearts canned
  • Onion- gets really sweet in the oven
  • Fresh garlic- mmmmm, sprinkle on top for a delicious POP
  • Mushrooms- tasty tasty, get real soft in the oven
  • Sundried tomatoes- very strong, sweet and citrussy flavor
Cheese
  • Mozarella- classic
  • Monterrey Jack- delicious!
  • Parmesan- another wonderful classic
If you have any questions drop me a line and I'll answer your questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment